Red Wine Color Concentration
for Wine Color Intensity
Winemaking Challenge: Red wine color does not meet expectations. You prefer not to use a stock colorant.
"The color was better last year." Vintage variation and unexpected weather conditions can affect color.
"Marketing wants a more intense appearance." Aroma and flavor are acceptable, but wine lacks the color requested by marketing.
"We produce Estate Bottled wine." Stock colorant will affect "Estate" designation.
Winesecrets can guide you through this problem.
Winesecrets now offers a Custom Colorant to improve red wine color intensity. The color product is made from your fruit or fruit you designate, so you get exactly what you want.
- Red fruit of your choice is extracted with Flash Détente.
- Resultant highly colored wine is concentrated with Ultrafiltration. A resultant by-product is lightly colored. Ideal for a Rosé program or for bulk sales.
- Produce as much or as little as you need.
Custom Colorant adds color to your wine.
- Intensity (Absorbance at 420 nm + 520 nm) increases to bring about a richer, darker appearing wine.
- The colorant favors red pigments (520 nm) bringing more red character and less brown color. Your wine matches or exceeds color from prior vintages.
- Marketability and perceived quality increase. Wine is judged on flavors and aromas and not appearance.
- Produced with your fruit or wine, estate designation stays intact.
Custom Colorant is wine with no residual sugar or increased alcohol made from vinifera grapes: Your benefits of using this product include:
- Wine Integrity: Your wine is 100% vinifera. The competitors color additive is made from a hybrid bred with vitis rupestris.
- Wine consistency: Concentrate additives derived from hybrid grapes bring along distinct native characters and significant sugar.
- Operational Efficiency: Filterability is not an issue as with juice concentrate additives.
Winesecrets is scheduling custom colorant operations for the 2018 vintage. Our highly trained, professional staff can produce a wine additive that meets your specifications at your winery or at our central location in Sebastopol, CA.